Saturday, August 2, 2008

California Baby!!

Wow!! Did we ever have fun on our trip.. We went with my family.We left Tuesday July 22 at 6 am..yes it was early. I was a little worried how Drake would do on the airplane it was his first time flying. He was so good, didn't cry once. He slept..We flew into Long Beach, rented a car with the family and off we took to drive about 2 hours to Indio. It was only like 108 degrees when we got there..(Indio is about 30 mins or so from Palm Springs) We drove around Indio because our condo wasn't ready for us yet. It is such a pretty place, everything is green and they keep it very very nice. We decided about 3:30 we would go see if the condo was ready for us..and sure enough it was...and we all walked in we couldn't believe how nice it was...(there are some pictures below) My dad said to us all, "This is not your 12,000 pointer, this is your 20,000 pointer", and wow it was nice.
On Thursday the 24th, we headed to Palm Springs to Knott's soak city for the day... My dad the night before got on their website and rented us a cabana for the day, boy were we glad he did that. It was about 110 degrees, you had to wear your flip flops EVERYWHERE you went because the ground was so hot. It was so much fun..they have this tube ride and it is like a toilet bowl effect. Skyler and my sisters talked me into going on it..there are 4 people to a tub, or you can have 2. While we were standing in line as I was watching others come out into the bowl, I asked the girls in front of us, " Am I going to die?" They just laughed and said no, but you don't want to go down backwards, because there is a vertical drop. Oh great! I thought to myself..and sure enough I went down BACKWARDS, down a 37 foot vertical drop..needless to say I screamed like a baby all the way down..I jumped out of the tub as fast as I could(scracthed my knee)and walked out of the pool.. My sister Amber said to me," You looked like you were going to cry, I couldn't even enjoy it, but I did have fun." I just laughed and said I will NEVER do that again. Well, I didn't but they did and they took my dad(big guy) they made it all the way on the top of the bowl where the water comes out (SCARY)..

We did some good shopping for a few days, and chilled at the condo. Got some sun!! Overall we had a blast and wished we could go back..oh and we survived the LA qwake of '08......hope all is going well with everyone... Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us go with you...We love you!!
Were leavin on a jet plane..
Drake loved the pool(warm water)
Mommy & Drake at Soak City in our cabana

Tired boy & Daddy

Kitchen and dinner table in the condo
Our private hot tub!!
that was sweet..

View from our room


Grandpa & Drake in the Hot tub.....told ya he loved the warm water...

he was all smiles on the trip..

4 comments:

Kelly Family said...

Looks like a blast! I'm so jealous! Drake is getting SO big i cant believe it. Such a babe :) Glad everything is going well for you and your family.

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Glad Drake enjoyed the trip. When Grace flew at 4 months she was so good the entire trip. People around us didn't even know we had a baby with us until I stood up with her to get off the plane.

The Funky Bunch said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! I'm jealous! But not of the heat. It's hot enough in Utah!! I miss your mom and dad. They look so good! Glad to be able to keep in touch!

Amanda Petersen said...

This looks like it was such a fun trip! I'm so jealous! Your family is so cute! Is it okay if I add you guys to my list of blogs...I just figured out how to do it?